Mattel Creations is absolutely crushing it with its newest Skullector reveal– presenting the Monster High Skullector x Beetlejuice Collection. I thought the Pennywise the Clown and Grady Twins was creative and fun, but man– the designs here are out of control. I’ve seen other femme revamps of Beetlejuice (such as Kotobukiya’s Bishoujo statue) that I personally thought completely missed the mark. But with this new Monster High reveal, we have a perfect blend of stylized doll combined with Beetlejuice traits that are recognizable and show the ghost with the most’s charisma. And how perfect is that Lydia design? This is exactly how I would want a Lydia doll to look. Awesome job to Mattel and the Monster High team for an amazing set. And good luck to all collectors trying to get their hands on this set!
Official product description via Mattel:
Mattel Creations is revealing the new Monster High Skullector Dolls, launching on Friday, the 13th. The scary-cool limited-edition dolls in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products reimagine iconic horror favorites Lydia and Beetlejuice, following the previous Skullector drop of Pennywise from IT Chapter Two and the Grady Twins from The Shining selling out in under ten minutes. Today, Mattel is showing off Monster High dolls inspired by the best comedy horror movie of all time, Beetlejuice, in the form of Beetlejuice and Lydia themselves.
This drop-dead gore-geous duo, combining the world of Monster High with the creep-tastic film from the ‘80s, will launch on Mattel Creations at 12PM EST on Friday, August 13 and is guaranteed to sell out scary quick!
Monster High Skullector x Beetlejuice Collection (GWF82)
SRP: $90 | Launching Friday, August 13th
- The makers of Monster High™ introduce Beetlejuice and Lydia Deetz Skullector™ dolls, inspired by award-winning 1988 horror-comedy film Beetlejuice.
- Film-inspired accessories include Beetlejuice doll’s carousel hat, Lydia’s camera and a miniature replica of the Handbook for the Recently Deceased.
- Each doll in this frightful duo features 11 points of articulation for killer posing possibilities.
- With specially designed packaging that sets the scene in the film’s iconic cemetery, this Beetlejuice collector doll 2-pack makes for a haunting display and the perfect gift for fans and collectors.
- Includes Beetlejuice Monster High™ Collector doll wearing fashion, hat, shoes and accessories, Lydia Deetz Monster High™ Collector doll wearing fashion, hat, shoes and accessories, 1 handbook accessory, 1 camera accessory and 2 doll stands.
- With premium packaging that sets the scene at the tombstone of everyone’s favorite bio-exorcist, this collectible Beetlejuice Skullector™ doll two-pack makes the perfect gift for fans and collectors. Includes doll stands. Colors and decorations may vary.
About Mattel Creations:
To celebrate 75 years of Mattel’s creative legacy and garage spirit, Mattel Creations was launched as a canvas for the most innovative creators of today and tomorrow. Mattel Creations, a global e-commerce and content platform, features curated items for sale, highlights creator collaborations – past and present, and offers a peek into the creative process. By offering these iconic brands such as Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price and Masters of the Universe, Mattel invites the world to play with these brands – where toys are art, and art is inspired by toys.
Warner Bros. Consumer Products:
Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), part of WarnerMedia Global Brands and Experiences, extends the company’s powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys, fashion, home décor, and publishing inspired by WarnerMedia’s biggest franchises from DC, Wizarding World, Looney Tunes, Hanna-Barbera, Game of Thrones, Cartoon Network and Adult Swim. With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, and promotional partnerships, WBCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.