LEGO is bringing back the one of the best sets ever. The Black Seas Barracuda, but it’s a shipwreck now. That is the theme on this retro inspired LEGO set. Many of us remember the mighty Black Seas Barracuda that set first released in 1989– it was the set to have in 89 by the way.
This pirates sub line really was on fire as it was totally new to LEGO at the time. We had Space and Knights now we had Pirates; it was like Westworld in here! The popularity of this line lasted through the years and inspired the Samurai and Ninja lines later on. Here is that classic set that inspired us all.
This new set Pirates of Barracuda Bay is a time lost tribute love letter and soft squishy feeling in your tummy all at the same time. Despite being a tribute to one of the most loved LEGO sets, this set has two modes. You can make the shipwreck island of Barracuda Bay or rebuild the ship and fly its mighty colors again across the savage seas.
The retro box style is also a phenomenal hit with me and any collector alike. LEGO didn’t pull any punches with this set. Looking at the pictures it is a incredible build with lots of work and love into it. As this is a LEGO Ideas project we won’t see more classic Pirates sets coming out unless this does really, really well. That is a hint get out there and buy this. Coming April 1st to LEGO.com and a LEGO shop near you. I would try to pre order it as I can see supplies going fast.
P.S. no Monkey in the new set 🙁
Rekindle nostalgic memories of childhood LEGO® construction projects with this LEGO Ideas Pirates of Barracuda Bay (21322) shipwreck island model for display and play. Enjoy some calm, quality time alone building – or share the fun with others.
Rebuild into a classic
Discover the captain’s cabin, food store, kitchen, bedrooms, supply dock, farm, toilet, jail cell, tavern and hidden treasure, plus lots of fun accessories, 8 pirate minifigures, assorted animal figures and 2 skeleton figures to inspire action-packed stories. This set includes an island that can be split in half and rearranged. The shipwreck can also be dismantled and reassembled to make a ship inspired by the Black Seas Barracuda pirate ship LEGO model from 1989.
LEGO Ideas offers a diverse array of sets, all created by LEGO fans and voted for by LEGO fans. Inspired by real life, action heroes, iconic movies, popular TV series or totally original concepts, there are cool model kits for people of all ages.
- Build and play with or display this LEGO® Ideas Pirates of Barracuda Bay (21322) shipwreck island model. The island can also be split in half and rearranged, revealing buried pirate treasure.
- The set has 8 minifigures including Captain Redbeard, Lady Anchor, Robin Loot and twins Port and Starboard for pirate role-play action, plus a shark, pig, 2 parrots, 3 crabs, 2 frogs and 2 skeleton figures.
- Rooms including a captain’s cabin, kitchen, tavern, bedroom and jail cell are filled with accessories. The shipwreck also rebuilds into a ship inspired by the 1989 LEGO® model, Captain Redbeard’s Black Seas Barracuda.
- This 2,545-piece pirate building set makes a great birthday or holiday gift for pirate and LEGO® enthusiasts. It will give you a stress-relieving break from the daily grind – and hours of refreshing, creative fun.
- This cool pirate shipwreck island model measures over 23” (59cm) high, 25” (64cm) wide and 12” (32cm) deep. It’s sure to make a big impression whether displayed at home or as an office desk toy.
- No batteries required – this pirate ship playset offers an immersive build with LEGO® bricks only. So forget your worries, find your building zen and create a beautiful display model!
- Thinking of buying this pirate building set for someone new to LEGO® model kits? No worries. It comes with step-by-step, illustrated instructions so they can take on this challenging build with swashbuckling confidence.
- LEGO® Ideas sets are created by LEGO fans and voted for by LEGO fans. The theme offers an infinitely diverse array of collectible construction sets for display and creative play. There’s something to delight all ages!
- LEGO® building bricks meet the highest industry standards, which ensures they are consistent, compatible, connect strongly and pull apart easily every time – it’s been that way since 1958.
- LEGO® bricks are tested in just about every way you can imagine, ensuring that each model kit meets the highest safety standards and that this pirate island is as robust as it is impressive to look at.
8 mini figures one shark
Release date April 1st 2020
Follow Toy Wizards on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube for all the latest toy news, reviews and updates! Love what we do? Donate to our tip jar on Ko-Fi!