Mattel, Inc. today revealed their first products collection across brands to celebrate the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020. The collection features a variety of unique products across Barbie®, Hot Wheels® and UNO®.
Mattel collaborated with the IOC and Tokyo 2020 to create licensed toy products, as part of a new licensing agreement and in line with the IOC Global Licensing Strategy. This international product line, rolling out this spring, highlights inclusivity and innovation, with toys reflecting the five new sports added to the Olympic program in Tokyo – baseball/softball, sport climbing, karate, skateboarding and surfing – all to inspire a new generation of athletes and fans around the world.
“In line with our Global Licensing Strategy, this new international licensing collaboration with Mattel is a great way to engage with an important audience, our younger fans and their families, and through these high-quality products to connect them with the Olympic brand and values,” commented Timo Lumme, Managing Director of IOC Television and Marketing Services.
“Tokyo 2020 is a monumental event that brings the world together through sport and inspires fans of all ages,” said Janet Hsu, Chief Franchise Officer of Mattel. “The Mattel Tokyo 2020 Collection honours these sports and inspires a new generation through the Olympic spirit and outstanding athletic tradition.”
Hot Wheels® Mini Collection For The Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
- The Hot Wheels Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Mini Collection represents iconic sports of Tokyo 2020, from historic sports dating back to the first Games in Athens to new sports that make their debut this year in Tokyo.
- Sports celebrated in Hot Wheels die-cast form include fan favorites such as track & field, gymnastics, swimming, basketball, beach volleyball and include new sports including baseball/softball, sport climbing, karate, skateboarding and surfing.
- Two cars within the collection are Hot Wheels versions of Worldwide Olympic Partner Toyota’s vehicles ’10 Toyota Tundra and Toyota 2000 GT.
Barbie® Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
- Embodying the style of Tokyo 2020 in unrivaled fashion, Barbie enters the world of the Olympic Games by embracing the five new sports added to the Olympic programme.
UNO® Celebrating Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
- Featuring the mascot of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, “Miraitowa”, this limited-edition UNO deck celebrates the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 with a unique design and special rule fitting for the world’s most iconic sporting event.
The Tokyo 2020 Collection by Mattel will be available in retailers around the globe, as well as on the Mattel Shop. Visit https://www.shop.mattel.com to learn more about these celebratory products.