Let me say it– yes, this shipping date is important! I’ll explain why, but first, let’s do a recap at the history of Baby Yoda (aka “The Child” from The Mandalorian) merchandise.
Pop Culture History Lessons brought to you by Toy Wizards:
- The Mandalorian airs on Disney+. Disney keeps big secret and no one knows about The Child until he shows up in that first episode. The world freaks out, falls in love, and wants every effing Baby Yoda in the room. Half of the internet gets crabby when you call him Baby Yoda instead of The Child, and the rest of us don’t care because semantics and you know what the hell we’re talking about.
- Hot Topic and other websites drop really ugly thick, dumpy, ill fitting looking T-shirts featuring the character. Like seriously, they look like screen shots taken from a bootleg and we can’t believe a reputable site has the audacity to be like “Here’s he’s on a shirt, isn’t that enough for…ahem…’you people’?”
- Finally, Mattel and Funko flex their toy crafting muscles and give us some actual toys to be excited about. Unfortunately, they won’t be out until like…May. March? Some M month that isn’t tomorrow.
- Hasbro whips out their big-daddy toy crafting stoke and gives the world a full poker deck of amazing by showing off SIX new Baby Yoda toys all at the same time. Unfortunately, those won’t be available until May-June 2020 either.
- Today happens, and Disney gives us another new toy, an 11″ Baby Yoda plush. And that my friends, will be available for shipping in February 2020. ALAS THE CURSED WAIT WILL END!
This adorable plush, which yes, I preordered before writing this article, costs $24.99 and can be ordered at this literal second. As mentioned, it is expected to ship February 2020, and therefore might be the first piece of officially licensed Baby Yoda merchandise to land in our hands. It’s important to note that orders are limited to one per person.
Get that stinky little baby, before he force chokes you and your girlfriend.
Shop Disney Official Description:
Embrace the adorable creature known as ”the Child” with this soft, cuddly plush toy featuring faux suede coat and fuzzy trims. This irresistible infant is inspired by Star Wars: The Mandalorian now streaming on Disney+. May the hugs be with you!
Magic in the details
- Embroidered features
- Soft, squeezable fill
- Faux suede coat
- Fuzzy trims
- As seen in Star Wars: The Mandalorian on Disney+
The bare necessities
- 11” H